FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC COMING TO SUNDAY BATIZADO
Your invitation to view the works of Sinha is an opportunity to experience the underground culture of Capoeira.
You will witness the traditional roda ceremony; live Afro-Brazilian music and a style of movement that blurs the line between fight and dance. Unlike any performance you have seen, the art form you will experience will be complete improvisation. Performers will flow to the rhythm of music and respond to their opponents in ways unrehearsed.
The best time to arrive at the Batizado on Sunday is between 11:30am and 12:30pm
FOR OUT OF STATE GUESTS PARTICIPATING IN THE THREE DAY VII ENCONTRO DE BAMBAS 2017
Thank you for being a part of our celebration. We understand that it took time and energy for you to be here and would like to make your experience with us as pleasant as possible. PLEASE SEND YOUR FLIGHT AND ARRIVAL INFORMATION TO SINHACAPOEIRA@HOTMAIL.COM
For all other questions contact
FOR FIRST TIME CAPOEIRISTAS
The Batizado is capoeira’s culminating event; it is a festival of culture, a celebration of music, it is your formal initiation into the World of Capoeira as a member of Sinha.
But enough of rhetoric, this is what participating in a Batizado is actually like:
You will arrive Friday night and be blown away by the talent of capoeiristas from around the world. Their styles will be different but you may find someone at the very same level as yourself. The energy and music will be overwhelming and you will realize what we practice for.
On Saturday, you will attend workshops taught by other capoeira teachers. You will get a chance to see how other schools are taught and will learn more capoeira in one day than you ever have before.
On Sunday you will experience the ritual of the batizado, you will become a member of the capoeira community for life.
The Batizado is an exciting and often a very long event for the kids. Some things to keep in mind:
- Please make sure kids have good breakfast before arriving to the Batizado event site;
- Please arrive on time;
- Bright, clean uniform must be worn on the day of the Batizado (Sunday) and on the day of workshops (Saturday);
- If your child is attending Friday night roda, no uniforms are allowed. Please have your child wear any outfit that allows them to move around. We do ask you however to wear a colored Sinha event t-shirt (if you have one from prior events);
- Kids cannot leave the Batizado without Mestre’s approval. Please approach one of the Youth Coordinators (Aide, Angora, Axe, Quizumba) if you need to leave early;
- During the event, for any emergency questions, please speak directly to one of the Youth Coordinators.